Do you have a special community project that you have worked on in your 4-H club or in a smaller project group in your county? If YES... consider applying for this award!
The Extension Committee of the Association of Minnesota Counties (AMC) will select two projects for this honor.
Every year, the Extension Committee of the Association of Minnesota Counties (AMC) selects two 4-H club projects to receive awards of $500, in recognition for their contributions and service to their communities.
These youth-driven projects must respond to real community needs and also make a great impact. The awards will be presented at the annual AMC Legislative Conference at the Intercontinental Hotel in St. Paul in February 2021.
To recognize 4-H clubs and other organized 4-H youth development programs for outstanding contributions and service to their local communities.
- The service or leadership project must be organized by a recognized 4-H club or other recognized 4-H youth development program.
- The project must engage multiple members of the 4-H club or group and not just a few individuals or families.
- The project must respond to real community need(s).
- The project must have made an impact during the 2020 calendar year.
- Youth must be involved in significant leadership roles, including project selection.
Application Materials Required:
- AMC 4-H Community Leadership Award Application Cover Page form (see application form).
- Summary of your Project (see application form).
- Letter of support from a county commissioner or other community leader verifying project completion and effectiveness.
- (Optional) Copies of any additional support materials such as a more detailed description of the project, photographs, newspaper clippings, etc. Be selective.
- Completed application packet
- Deadline: January 7, 2021
Submit by email attachment or by mail to:
AMC - Ryan Erdmann
125 Charles Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55103-2108
The awards will be presented during the AMC Legislative Conference at the Intercontinental Hotel in St. Paul.
Four members of each winning project will be invited to the event to receive the award. One youth is typically asked to make a few brief comments to an audience of county commissioners. This award is a great opportunity for counties and regions to recognize its 4-H members.
Questions? Contact Ryan Erdmann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-789-4345.