- Chair: Rodney Peterson (Dodge)
- Vice Chair: Sheila Kiscaden (Olmsted)
- AMC Policy Analyst: Vacant - Interim Contact: Matt Hilgart
The Health & Human Services Policy Committee (HHSPC) addresses the following areas of county government:
- Public Health
- Health Care
- Social Services
- Juvenile Corrections
- Jobs and Training
Purpose: To recommend policy positions to the general membership and/or the board of directors for inclusion in the Association's policy platform.
Responsibilities: Policy committees examine, discuss and draft AMC legislative policies for approval by the full Association. A policy committee may create subcommittees in order to meet the needs of the committee.
Membership: Each policy committee has one appointee from each member county. Counties with seven member boards of commissioners are allowed to appoint one person per committee, plus two additional appointments.
Meetings: Meets in person at the Legislative Conference, Policy Conference, and Annual Conference (no reimbursement for travel or per diem). Any other meetings by phone and/or Go-To-Meeting as needed.
- AMC-MACSSA-LPHA Blue Ribbon Commission Letter July 31, 2020
- Advancing Minnesota Families - AMC - MACSSA
- Presentation to DHS Tribal County Leadership Forum 12-14-20