- Chair: Ed Popp (Benton)
- Vice Chair: Kevin Paap (Blue Earth)
- AMC Policy Analyst: Brian Martinson
The Environment & Natural Resources Policy Committee (ENRPC) has primary jurisdiction over the following subject matters:
- Waste Management
- Natural Resource Management
- Water Quality
- Air Quality
- Planning & Zoning
- Wetland Management
- Public Lands
- Land Use
Purpose: To recommend policy positions to the general membership and/or the board of directors for inclusion in the Association's policy platform.
Responsibilities: Policy committees examine, discuss and draft AMC legislative policies for approval by the full Association. A policy committee may create subcommittees in order to meet the needs of the committee.
Membership: Each policy committee has one appointee from each member county. Counties with seven member boards of commissioners are allowed to appoint one person per committee, plus two additional appointments.
Meetings: Meets in person at the Legislative Conference, Policy Conference, and Annual Conference (no reimbursement for travel or per diem). Any other meetings by phone and/or Go-To-Meeting as needed.
- Minnesota Aquatic Invasive Species Center Newsletter
- PILT presentation provides tool for education, advocacy
NACo has released a new online publication on the Payment in Lieu of Taxes program. Read More
- Silica Sand Letter to Local Government Units Minnesota Environmental Quality Board
10/1/13 - This message includes a link to a letter providing an update on numerous issues. Please note the dates of the public input meetings regarding the model standards and criteria for silica sand.
- Minnesota Drainage Law Analysis & Evaluation (LCCMR Study)
- Silica Sands
- Drainage and the Drainage Workgroup - BWSR
- Local Government Water Roundtable Comprehensive Water Planning and Management Policy Paper