MPCA offers $3.7 million in grant funding for diesel on-road trucks and transit buses - Apply by July 9, 2019
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) is offering $3.7 million in grant funds to replace heavy duty diesel trucks and transit buses (class 4-8) in Minnesota. The grants are aimed at dramatically reducing nitrogen oxide (NOx) pollution.
How much funding is available? Up to 25% or $40,000 (whichever is less) per replacement
Who can apply? Any diesel truck owner, private fleet owners, and nonprofit organizations
What is eligible?
- Class 4-8 diesel trucks and transit buses, including short-haul delivery trucks, refuse haulers, cement trucks, box trucks, and drayage trucks (No long-haul trucks or school buses)
- The old vehicle must be diesel (1992-2009)
- New replacement vehicles may be diesel or an alternative fuel such as propane, natural gas, hybrid, or electric (not gasoline)
How do I apply?
- All application materials and eligibility details are on the MPCA website: Diesel On-road truck and transit bus replacement grant
- The Application period ends July 9, 4:30 P.M. All applications must be sent via email. No PDFs
Where can I get more information?
- A Webinar reviewing the RFP and application forms will be given May 16, 1-2:30 PM. A future email will give the link or see the web page. The webinar will be recorded and posted online.
- Questions must be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, all questions will be answered and posted on this Web page under the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) tab.